This blog is in memory of our beloved Border Collie Tippy who died on July 28th 2010. Every Sunday over the course of the next few months I will post memories and pictures of her life with us, both as a working farm dog, family pet, best friend and work mate.







Sunday 24 April 2011

Tippy doing homework.

These pictures are amongst my favourite of Tippy. As you will see she was a very good dog doing her homework. I don't remember what was wrong with the lamb other than it must have needed warming up, by the look of Tippy's coat it was a wet day so no doubt the lamb suffered because of that. Anyway I can assure you it is a real live lamb and Tippy chose to be there with it, it wasn't something staged for the camera.



You may have noticed that I have made my other blogs private, I have had to do this for personal reasons and I will reopen them as soon as I can.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Rob! That is amazing.

    I thought for sure the lamb was a toy.

    Animals never fail to amaze me. They have such a intuitive senses, and I'm sure Tippy knew that she needed to provide some comfort to the lamb. If humans could be so kind most of the time, the world would be a much better place.

    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've had to make your other blogs private...hope you'll be able to go public again!

    Tippy was a good shepherd, doing her duty (and warming the lamp as she warmed herself)!

    Love the photos of her and lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warming the lamb! I knew I spelled it wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob,
    Sorry you had to shut down your blog I shall miss following and comparing what you do in the garden, I make great use of your knowledge. Wonderful photos of Tippy and the lamb. Hurry back.

    ReplyDelete